RV or Recreational Vehicles are the type of vehicles that are made by combining a vehicle and a living quarter. It is used to travel and camping on a long journey.
They normally include all the basic necessities for a person like a bathroom, a kitchen, a bedroom, or a living room. Sometimes it is referred to as a camper or caravan. They vary, in general, because they are usually made on order and every person wants to have their desired facilities in it. They are usually used for a short period of recreation on long journeys such as vacation trips or camping with basic home-like necessities. They are parked in special places called trailer parking. They are also available for rent so you do not need to buy one yourself. You can find them in major cities and heavy tourist areas.
Types of Recreational Vehicles:
There are three basic types of recreational vehicles on the basis of their characteristics features and styles.
Motorized RVs1: They are built on motorized chassis which combines the quarter and the vehicle. You can drive a vehicle and a quarter simultaneously. They are further classified as Class A Motorhome, Class B Motorhome, and Class C Motorhome.
- Class A Motorhome: They are sometimes referred to as a standard motorized RV. It is a template for RV on that all the recreational vehicles are built. They are usually equipped with 6 wheels offering a full version of the cabin of the passenger compartment at the front and a fully equipped quarter on the back. While driving a passenger can easily move through the compartment just like at home while on the road. They can do whatever they want while driving on the road. When you want to camp, you have all the necessary facilities on it which make it a full convenience package. These are all the luxuries that come with a price and which can vary based on the customized options. The basic model you can buy is around $80,000 to more than $1 million.
- Class B Motorhome: They are retrofitting most running models of the RV. Many manufacturers are converting vans into RVs by lifting the height of the vehicle. They install new hardware fixtures and fittings and turn them into a base model of recreational vehicles. The designs and the layouts of the vehicles can vary from one manufacturer to another even if they are producing a single model at a time. You should inspect the vehicle before the purchase for what you are paying and what you are getting. These vehicles can cost you around $50,000 to $120,000.
- Class C Motorhome: They usually resemble trucks more than a van. They usually have a hanging section over the roof of the vehicle. It is a section for bunk beds, you can so easily recognize this model because they are everywhere on the roads. The main advantage of this car is you can add a large number of appliances to it. It is the most midrange RV that many new buyers prefer for the starter. They are accordingly priced recreational vehicles like you will pay for what you get. They can cost you around $40,000 to $130,000.
Towable RVs: This type of RV is usually designed that can be towed with a car, van, or pickup truck. Based on +
their size, you do not need to have a special permit to drive on highways. Usually, they do not need some sort of permanent hook-ups to tow. They have some further types which are stated below:
- Travel Trailers are also called conventional travel trailers, they have a unit that is designed to tow by a car or any other vehicle with a frame hitch.
- Fifth Wheel Trailers are usually towed by a car that has 5th wheel hitch.
- Folding camping trailers are popular among tourists. It is a lightweight unit that can fold down with your vehicle.
Park Models: They come in different sizes like 8-foot wide and 10-foot to 15-foot wide. They are designed to with a heavy-duty car. They have a special size that does not require to have a highway permit. They are set up in special places and people tend to live in such models.
- The 8-foot-wide park trailers are designed to have compact appliances. They are being towed with heavy vehicles like a car, a van, or a pickup truck2. They are restricted to their defined size that requires no special permit on highways. They are connected to the local utilities for electricity, sanitary, and water supply. They are built on a single chassis that is mounted on wheels.
- The 10-foot to 15-foot models are bigger than the 8-foot model obviously but you can have more space for your appliances depending on your need and budget. They are mounted on a single chassis that you can remove at any time and sent to the factory for repairs and upgrades. You can call it a temporary residence and often use it for occasional recreation of the family.
Things You Need to Know Before Buying an RV:
If you are buying an RV for the very first time then you should consider the following at first:
- You should know that why you are buying RV. You should consider that how much you will be going to use RV. You need to know the best match for your requirements.
- It will be a costly investment for you so for a fact, you should know who will be going to use your RV. Either it will be used for your household purposes or your gang other than your family.
- You need to have a list of appliances and fixtures you will be needing in the longer run. It all depends on your routines like if you want to shower and need hot and cold water, then there should be room for it. Many people require a full-size kitchen in it.