It is the type of vehicle that runs on electricity. They are powered by electric motors that run on rechargeable battery packs and are the future of vehicles and overcoming the world rapidly.
These vehicles run on electricity instead of internal fuel combustion like gas or diesel and generate power. They are the replacement of current vehicle technology for the future. Today the mark of pollution is very high and with so many vehicles around the world and gas emissions are making our environment inhabitable. We need to come up with emission-free vehicles. Although scientists have been working on electric vehicles for a very long time past few years this industry is being revolutionized by the introduction of electric vehicles. Many well-known manufacturers have turned their famous vehicles into an electric one.
Types of Electric Cars:
All the electric motors do not work only on electric motors, there are some hybrid versions too. These are often called plug-in hybrids in which the vehicle is powered by both electricity and gas or diesel. The motor which is used to propel a car is powered by batteries that can be recharged by plugging in. some of the hybrid versions could not be plugged in because they are not made like this. They partially run-on battery, if the battery is low then they automatically shift the power from motor to engine that uses gas or diesel to power the engine.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Electric Vehicles:
Through the revolution in the auto industry, people are aware of the future threat of environmental issues. Air pollution1 is rising around the world, with the help of EVs we can control the emissions of gases. We could not totally eradicate the pollution but we can minimize it. They are made totally clean to the environment as no carbon emission is detected during the use of EVs. You can save the per gallon money of fuel over the years. They provide smooth, quiet, and enough acceleration for a mesmerizing ride. They required less maintenance than conventional vehicles.
Although they have turned the auto industry and the future into a better world. But there are some of the drawbacks of these like they are more costly than conventional cars. Usually, they have a shorter range of drive. Although they are improving the range you can drive them certain miles on a single charge that varies from model to model and company. You will have to face the issue of charging the batteries after the drain. Depending on the model you have usually batteries can take up to 4 to 12 hours to recharge. The batteries are made for extended life but they are costly and it will be very regretful if they fail.
What Kind of EV Should I Consider?
Before going to buy an EV, you should think about what kind of electric car you need and can afford. What type of car will be feasible for your environment? You should consider the facilities for electric cars if they are available around you or not. There are few things you should consider before choosing an EV:
- First of all, you need to think of what type of electric car you need, whether it is a plug-in hybrid, battery-electric, or fuel cell vehicle.
- Plug-in hybrids need to be plugged into the recharge outlet after every drain. You need to make sure if there are enough recharge outlets available or not. You can have it at your home too but it will be costly and may double your electricity bill.
- You should consider the fact that if there is enough and uninterrupted electricity supply. In case of emergency if your car is not charged then it will be a loss for you after spending so much money.
- Availability of aftermarket supplies, services, and parts should be your basic concern. In case of any emergency or accident, you can get your car repaired or not.
Top-Rated Electric Vehicles2:
The past few years were very emerging for the electric vehicles industry. Many companies came up to the surface with their electric cars and many revolutionized the industry with new technologies. Electric vehicles have crossed the mark of being on top. Everyone is going for electric vehicles as they are more efficient and environmentally friendly. Below are some of the top electric vehicles:
- 2021 Audi e-Tron: It is the first full fledged electric car from the Audi that is taking over to the electric powertrain vehicles. It comes with a pair of electric motors that powers it to go without any hassle. One motor is in front the other one is fixed on the rear. It comes with an all-wheel-drive Quattro engine. it is priced around $64,000 to $67,000.
- 2021 Chevrolet Bolt EV: It is an exotic electric vehicle that comes with DC fast charging. It has a room for 4 people and a storage of 56 cubic feet. It is a hatchback that comes with 200-hp, which can go 0-60 in the 6-second range. It is priced at around $37,000.
- 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E: Ford stood up in the global market by introducing their 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E an electric vehicle. They have revolutionized their design and came up with something new rather than their traditional mustang designs. It is a 266-hp automatic transmission engine powered by pair of motors and priced around $45,000.
- 2021 Hyundai Kona EV: It has won the hearts of plenty of fans through its futuristic cuts and shape in electric SUVs. It utilizes a single electric motor to power the engine. it comes with three trims options SEL, Limited and Ultimate edition. It has a 201-hp automatic engine. it comes with a price tag of around $35,000 to $38,000.
- 2021 Porsche Taycan: It is the only and first electric car of the Porsche. It comes with a pair of motors powering the all-wheel-drive engine. it comes with three trims based on its power like 522-hp, 670-hp, and 750-hp. It is an automatic sedan that is priced around $80,000.